Thursday, June 23, 2016

What's Happening?



As you know, the longer this process is extended, the more upset I become.

I wish you could tell me why the Civilian Review and Complaints Commission for the RCMP ("CRCC") did not advise you until April that I was not satisfied with the original investigation. I don't see any progress on the file since then, and I do not understand why the investigation is still open at this late date.

Thank you for your letter though. I have read it twice. Unfortunately, I still do not understand how you can be taking so much time on this file. Your letter does not tell me what you have been doing to further investigate this complaint that has kept you so busy, other than adding my faxed statement to your file and sending me form letters. 

I don't know if by "full-time" you mean a 40 hour work week, but assuming that you take reasonable time off, and conduct 14 different investigations at the same time, and as a result, investigations can take up to a year to complete, as you say, it sounds as if you must spend an average of over 100 hours or 3 weeks working full-time on each file if, as you say, each complaint deserves every bit as much attention as the next one does.

Have you actively spent that much time on this file really? Half that much? Even a tenth? Since you have not been talking to me, who have you been talking to? What related files, statements, notes, or material have you been reviewing that could take you such an extraordinary amount of time?

Despite your kind response to my additional correspondence regarding ongoing dealings with the strata corporation, which you say are not relevant, the time that you are taking to conduct the investigation into my complaint seems out of line, especially if my written statement provided enough information for you to thoroughly understand the details of my complaint without an interview and, even more notably, in comparison to the speed of Superintendent Wilcott's initial disposition.

It would make me feel less upset if you provided some detail of your investigation to date that provides an indication of how many hours you have spent in the past 4 months actively gathering and reviewing new evidence in this investigation, instead of telling me about the time that you have not spent.

What are you waiting for? How much more evidence do you need? Where is it coming from? Can I help you find it?