Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Criminal Mischief



409 – 1215 Lansdowne Drive
Coquitlam, BC  V3E 2P2

May 20, 2008

Delivered By Hand

RCMP Coquitlam Detachment
2986 Guildford Way
Coquitlam, B. C.
V3B 7Y5

Attention: Constable Windle

Re: File #: 08-15558

I am informed by my husband that a uniformed RCMP officer came to our door in a police car at about 8:30 yesterday morning to advise us that Mr. Al MacLeod, our strata council president, has filed the above-noted police report alleging that I assaulted him, pulled his hair and kicked him, or attempted to pull his hair and kick him. If I were to do such a thing, which I did not, it would be a natural reaction to deliberate provocation and years of hate crimes and terrorism by a strata corporation that are not recognized in law.

Councillor MacLeod apparently has a witness, but does not wish to press charges against me. This sounds so very kind of him - however, it makes no sense. Mr. MacLeod calls me vile and despicable and previously indicated in writing that he would try anything to have charges pressed against me, including trumped up lies and fictitious crimes that do not exist in law or otherwise.

In any event, I was given your card and asked to contact you with my side of the story. My recollection of the events in question is as follows:

Mr. MacLeod, who lives alone and has an exceptionally long driveway, has been threatening to fine owners and tow vehicles for extending anywhere at all beyond their driveway into the firelane. My husband works until 3 am and I get up at 7. Since our garage door is below our bedroom, and his car is small, he used to park in the driveway so the garage door would not wake me. He did this since 1988 without any problem, until Mr. MacLeod came along and outlawed this little courtesy. Mr. MacLeod justifies ruining my sleep and disrupting our lives on the grounds that the couple of inches that my husband’s car extends into the firelane is strictly illegal and supposedly a life threatening risk in the event of an emergency. However, Counsellor MacLeod is the very worst violator of strata rules, bylaws and legislation, including this parking rule that he insists on imposing so onerously on others.

On April 26, 2008, Mr. MacLeod walked up to unit 409, where I live, and demanded that a vehicle protruding a few inches beyond our driveway be moved, while at the same time ignoring a large vehicle parked next door entirely in the fire lane. We were so upset by Mr. MacLeod’s actions against us that our guests left. Being singled out this way by Mr. MacLeod is a pattern, not an isolated event. For example, we can’t sell without disclosing unrepaired damage that, at the same time, was repaired in his and other members of council’s units, the strata corporation has destroyed the function of our deck and taps while making us pay the costs for others, like Al MacLeod, to have extra decks that were built illegally, strata records are illegally deleted to deny us access and destroy evidence, our voice is silenced and our issues excluded from the minutes, which have been used as a weapon of defamation too overwhelming to defend against. Our landscaping, enjoyment, and investment have all been destroyed by Mr. MacLeod and his hate group. On April 28th I informed the strata corporation in writing that as soon as I saw Mr. MacLeod my heart instantly started pounding, my knees felt shaky, pain sprang into my shoulders, and I felt like I was verging on panic and hysteria, and that after 2 days I was still experiencing disrupted sleep associated with this incident. I asked council to avoid needlessly triggering further traumatic reactions.

At about 8:30 a.m. on Friday, May 9, 2008, Councillor MacLeod had a caravan of vehicles park in the firelane in front of our unit, in full knowledge that it would trigger an extreme upset in me. He appeared to intentionally cause a disturbance, repeatedly blocking my entire driveway with his vehicle when I had to get to work, ignoring the parking rules and my questions, looking away and turning up his radio, silently refusing to park in the available guest parking when I asked him to, calling me rude, threatening to call the police, accusing me of assault, taking my licence number and photographing my car, smiling with glee at my escalating distress.  On May 12, 2008, I wrote to the strata corporation outlining these events and requesting action pursuant to the bylaws to effectively discipline Mr. MacLeod for his actions. I reminded them that years of suffering from continual and ongoing abuse by the strata is detrimental to my health. 

I do believe that I may have very gently touched Mr. MacLeod when he turned away from me or tried to push past me. He said he was going to call the police, the same as he said in 2003, when I emailed a requested report on ventilation. It was so insane that I said go ahead. If I touched him again, it must have been a reaction to his malicious provocation, but I absolutely did not kick him or pull his hair, or do anything to hurt him, nor did I try to. Of this, I am certain. If he says I kicked him or pulled his hair, or even tried to do so, that is a lie. It is he who is trying to hurt me – he seems to delight in it.

Mr. MacLeod has a history of lying. The first I noticed it was shortly after he moved in here when I heard him tell a meeting of owners that he did not know he was buying a leaky condo. I have since seen a vexatious law suit he filed against the people he bought it from, which very clearly contradicted the statement he made to the meeting.

The strata corporation has acted against us to make our lives as miserable as possible ever since Al MacLeod moved in about 6 years ago. Just one example is the chemical assault and battery by the strata corporation that inflicted bodily injury on me such that I have reason to believe my life will be shortened and it has, in fact, been severely impaired in quality and enjoyment.

Mr. MacLeod’s deliberate infliction of economic loss and unfair allocation of funds has cost my husband and I tens of thousand of dollars. In response to Mr. MacLeod’s action, my complaints against him include, but are not limited to, the following examples, which I have documentary evidence of. In addition to Councillor MacLeod causing a disturbance as above mentioned, please advise on the proper procedure for filing the following reports with the RCMP for investigation:

Defamation, Intimidation, Threats, And Harassment
- written accusations of invasion of privacy and criminal harassment, intimidation and threats to call the police if I emailed anything to the strata corporation, including material specifically requested

False Pretences
- spending approximately $50,000 of strata funds under false pretences to have trees and shrubs worth over a million dollars cut down illegally, leaving us with stumps, suckers, and virulent weeds for 3 years so far.

Vandalism or Criminal Mischief
- causing thousands of dollars of property damage to our unit and another unit whose owner dared to support me by maliciously cutting down trees that comprised up to 25% of the value of my property, claiming he had a right to take action against those who opposed him

I could go on and list a lot more of Mr. MacLeod’s actions against me if I had the strength, but I don’t. Please call me at 604.464.9642 and advise me of the next step in this process.

Dianne Bond